REGISTER FOR FREE PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS
NZ’s first Carpentry Connect is happening in Dunedin, NZ on 11th February 2020, hosted by University of Otago and NeSI! Want to know more about the Carpentries? Or perhaps you want to connect with fellow instructors, helpers, and learners in the community? If yes, this day-long, community building event is for you.
Trainers, helpers, and maintainers from across NZ engage with The Carpentries community in different ways and there is seldom a chance to learn from each other’s successes and challenges. As a participant of Carpentry Connect, you can expect:
- Regional updates from local Carpentries communities and groups — hear from places like The University of Canterbury, Genomics Aotearoa, and the Institute of Environmental Science and Research (ESR),
- A demonstration on how to use the new workshop setup templates,
- A community calendar-building workshop for scheduling carpentries events in 2020, and
- Updates on the latest content-specific developments that are happening in data carpentry, software carpentry, and library carpentry
- Skills and techniques of improvisation workshop
At the end of this get-together we hope you have new connections, local events scheduled for 2020, and feel supported as a valued member of the carpentries community. This event is free to attend and is a satellite event of eResearch NZ 2020.
REANNZ connect 2020, 11 February 2020, is a national forum, bringing together network engineers, systems engineers and architects who use or operate networks across the research and education sector. This community-building event will emphasise technical collaboration, skills development and the open exchange of ideas.